Sunday 4 July 2010

How I was a Big Mouth on Big Brother's Big Mouth...

On Friday July 2nd, I was in the audience of Big Brother's Big Mouth. I don't remember how they got my number but they've been calling me for a couple years to try and get me on the show...but I've never been able to go on it because of work or school or whatever. Well, now that I'm temporarily unemployed I was able to do it!
I'm not gonna go into why I was an hour late getting to Elstree Studios, where Big Brother is filmed, but let's just say I say a lot of North London suburbs and walked quite a bit.
When I finally got to Elstree I was taken to a 'workshop', basically a building where sets and props are stored, and given to drink tickets because the booze will make us more talkative. There was a curtained off 'room' where the other audience members, about thirty of us, were drinking and watching that nights Big Brother. Some of the audience were totally over-dressed and glammed up, I found out later that they had auditioned to be on Big Brother but obviously not got on. Everybody was very nice and for some reason there were quite a few Brummies. Some of the audience had been on before and one guy had been on sixty times!
They took our bags and phones so we couldn't text who was evicted to anyone...there's a couple minute delay to what's broadcast. One of the researcher's Emma came round and talked to people who wanted to be a 'top talker'...and I was one of them! They want to find out who's going to have something good to say and who you like and dislike, who you want out of the house. The 'top talkers' get the best seats so Davina can get to you easier.
So we got to see the eviction...SUNSHINE! YEAH! BOO! I wanted her out. I thought She was annoying, patronizing and selfish and an attention seeker. So we wait around whilst Davina interviews Sunshine but don't get to see the interview. They lead us over to the studio, make us wait outside for a bit and then get taken in to the studio. As a 'top talker' I get the best seat in the house, right on the front row! I sit next to some girl from OK! magazine and we make fun of Jodie Marsh's plastic surgery.
One of the crew tells us not to read along to the telepromoter and to whoop it up when Davina introduces the audience! WHOOOOO! HOOOOO! Some rapper I never heard of performs and we have to dance. Oh by the way, I'm wearing a green dress.
Davina comes out, she looks amazing and is wearing Louboutins. We talk about Shabby and Keyva (spelling it phonetically). Shabby's friends are sitting behind me. They're really nice and cool and I like Shabby more because of them. Suddenly, Davina sticks the mic in my face and asks me if I think Keyva is flattered by Shabby attention...I quickly get over the initial shock and say 'Yes, everyone likes to get attention.'
Ad Break...Davina comes and sits next to me and I give her a little squeeze. She's lovely.
Then we talk about Ben and Marion and Dave, how they're always touching each other. I say 'They are bonding like monkeys or chimps.'
Sunshine comes out and isn't as annoying as I previously thought. She seems alright actually.
The guy who's been on sixty times says something really mean to Sunshine and everyone turns on him and boo's him. Sunshine takes it on the chin and keeps going. She shows us her nasty rug burn and grosses everyone out.
There's only a minute left and I pull a hat trick and say 'If Dave hadn't won the challenge he'd be out right now and not Sunshine.'
End of show...the rapper comes back out again we all dance and Marcus is doing karate! Brilliant.
We were told that if they like how we did we can come back and maybe even for the final! Fingers crossed!
 
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: